Some days you might be too busy for your dog. You could be working late or planning a dog free event. Don’t make your dog pay for your busy schedule. The solution may be doggy day care. This may be in the form of a dog walker or a place to take your dog for care.
What Is Doggy Day Care?
Doggy day care is the same as kiddie day care, but for dogs. You must enroll your dog. You can drop your dog off or possibly the day care has a pick up service. Set up a schedule with the day care.
Doggy day care is a safe environment for your dog to play. Your pup will make new friends. It is good for your dog to socialize with other dogs during the day. Your dog will have plenty of time to play and be tired when you pick them up. Consider yourself a responsible owner to arrange the best care for the dog. Day care for dogs is supposed to help you and your dog.
How To Find And What To Look For
Doggy day care facilities are not hard to find. Check online or look around the dog park for flyers. Ask your dog owner friends if they know of any or can refer you to the right place. Your vet may know of a good one.
- Ask your buddies who they use. Ask them what they think of the facilities, staff, and general feel of the place
- Stop by the day care when it is open. Look around and ask questions.
- See if they place is clean and the dogs are happy.
- Are the dogs supervised? Are the enough workers for the amount of dogs? Do they supervise or let the dogs do as they please? What seems to be their attitude of dog handling?
- Are there plenty of toys, water bowls and other things to serve the pups?
- Does the doggy day care ask the right questions? Do they request that all dogs have shots - up to date?
- Do they ask you for clear instructions? Do they understand what you expect and can they deliver it?
- Does the day care want specific info on you as well as your dog? Should they be able to contact your vet in an emergency? Who else would they need to contact?
- How do the employees act around the dogs? Are they firm with some aggressive breeds and easy on older or smaller dogs?
Before you sign your dog up your need to be confident in the location. Visit the day care a few times and make an informed decision. Information written by Shawn Kerrigan of ohmydogsupplies.com, the best spot to purchase personalized dog beds online.