If you do not have a dog or any other sort of animal, may be you should reconsider. Do you know owning a pet is beneficial for your health? It is true. There are many different direct and indirect benefits for you if you decide to get a Fifi. What is actually of significance is the evidence behind these former “myths.” No longer are these merely anecdotal ravings of dog fanatics there is scientific proof behind these beliefs. Research into the relationship between animals and their so-called owners is providing even more data as you read this article. Evidence is beginning to mount on the healthy aspects of having a pet.
Photo: This Year’s Love
- Whether you own a dog for a long or short period, it will have an affect on your blood pressure. Sure, it may seem to go through the roof when you find the couch in tatters, but it is true. Having a dog can lower your blood pressure.
- If you own a dog, you may have a decreased incidence of heart disease.
- Dog owners exhibit a greater sense of psychological stability. You may be crazy about your dog, but you are not certifiably insane.
- Studies have show people who have dogs use their doctors wisely. For some reason, they have fewer non-serious medical condition visits. They do not go to waste the doctor’s time and/or they do not have these slight problems.
- Dogs are great stress relievers. Stroking a dog’s coat is a relaxing experience mentally and, apparently physically. Your blood pressure decreases, your system relaxes.
- What dogs do best is motivate humans. If it were not for dogs, many people would sit on the sofa or couch all day. They would not take their eyes off the computer screen. They would fixate on the flickering light that is their television.
- Dogs motivate people in a variety of ways. They have you get up to feed them, to let them out and to engage in play. This is a type of manipulation, but it is a healthy form. They get you to engage in mild and more strenuous forms of exercise.
- Dogs are exercise drill sergeants. The good ones have you going out in all kinds of weather to take them to the doggy park or around the park. The sloth dogs still mange to lure you away from whatever you were doing to pay attention to what they want. They get you to take them outside if even for the briefest of moments.
- Dogs are social animals. If you have a pet, you get to meet a variety of people. This may happen at dog shows. More likely, you will meet them as they walk your dog. Sometimes, they are walking their dog.
- A friendly relationship develops between the owners of dog. They talk about their dogs, of course. They also talk about other general and specific matters. Sometimes, dogs even lead to romance. This is not always the case. Groups of dogs and people who meet regularly develop a unique dynamic. What is interesting is they often only know each other by the dog’s name.
- The most important benefit of having a dog is love. Dogs teach us how to love without restrictions and conditions – although cookies and treats help. No matter how you look or how you feel, your dog will love you. No matter how hard a day you have had, how depressed you feel or lost, your dog is there to steer you through the bad times.